Wednesday, January 8, 2014


Yesterday Kendall asked me if she could go outside and play, but I told her it was too cold. A few minutes later I hear the back door open and close. I went outside to find Kendall playing in the snow in just her boots, a hat, and a tutu! Crazy girl! 

Well, I'm glad that she really loves to go outside!

Later that day, I had an appointment for a mammogram. Casey came home early from work so that he could come with me, and my mom came over take care of the kids. She brought Isabelle with her and so Kendall was happy! :)   
I was so nervous for my appointment and so I was really glad that Casey could come with me. When we got there I checked in and we waited for about a half hour before they called me back. I felt so out of place because all the other people in the waiting room were elderly women.
When they called me back I put on my gown and only had to wait a few minutes before they called me back to do the mammogram. I wasn't sure what to expect, and so I was really nervous, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The machine hurt a little, but it really wasn't too bad. 
After the mammogram I sat in a room by myself for at least 20 minutes before a technician came back and told me the doctor wanted to get some ultrasound images.
I waited for about another 15 minutes before the doctor came in and started the ultrasound. I was getting a little nervous watching them and seeing the look of confusion in their faces. The doctor finally said he didn't think it was anything cancerous, but that he wanted to move me to a different ultrasound machine to take another look. The technician joked with me a little and asked me if it was ok if they did some experiments on me, haha.
 After changing rooms, the doctor took a second look and finally told me that he thought the mass was a cyst, and that he wanted me to come back in six months to make sure it hadn't changed.
 So, GOOD news! I was so afraid that it was going to be something bad, but it looks like it is just a cyst. I was so relieved!
I got dressed and went back out to waiting room where Casey was patiently waiting for me. I told him what the doctor said and we headed back to the car for our snowy ride home! I finally have answers to something I have been worried about for a very long time. I'm so glad that I finally took the step to call the took me months to get the courage to do it. Now I can relax knowing that it's nothing serious! The doctor did say that they are going to keep an eye on the cyst, watching it for any changes, and that they may chose to drain it at some point. So, until I have to go back in six months, I'm not going to worry about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment